Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Checkout from googlecode: svn problem

I was trying to have a checkout from one of googlecode project and I was getting the following error:

  • while using eclipse
    • RA layer request failed...could not connect to server
  • while using command prompt
    • svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/trunk'
    • svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk': could not connect to server <my url>

svn-error01

After searching for a while, I found that my system is behind a firewall/proxy, so I need to give the proxy settings to svn client. Below are snapshot on how to give proxy settings in svn client, Tortoise SVN.

                        image

    image

Press Apply and then ok.

I hope this helps someone around. One useful link with step by step approach to checkout from googlecode.

http://paperworld3d.com/?page_id=14

4 comments :